This role will be based working from home and in the London Office (close to London Bridge) 2 days per week, and will involve travel to customer sites approximately 10% of the time. Large customer are mainly based. Travel can be with the UK and Europe and is usually short trips or around a week depending on the project lifecycle so it’s desirable that you live close to a major airport.
Key skills required for the Software Implementation Consultant include
- A background in customer centric Enterprise Software implementation/ COTS implementation and software configuration, Enterprise Application Support, Enterprise Software Support or a Software Development background
- Sound proficiency in RDBMS, writing SQL / SQL scripting ideally with Oracle and PL/SQL as this is the database / language used (although Oracle is not essential so other databases such as MS SQL Server would work)
- Customer centric person as you will be dealing with customer both face to face and working remotely through the implementation life cycle.
- Experience of working alongside Business Analyst’s to understand processes and turn these into configurations / workflows
- Good skills in time estimation, and prioritising tasks to work across multiple projects or tasks deadlines.
- Strong skills in MS Word and the MS Office Suite.
- Attention to detail and quality as scientific systems are very precise
- A valid UK Driving licence
- Implementation of SAAS / Cloud based software implementation
- Experience of Life Sciences / Pharma software / Laboratory / Lab systems / Lab Informatics such LIMS, LIS, LMS, Lab Sample Management Lab Automation, Liquid Handling, Lab Robotic Automation, Lab Inventory data, Automated Stores, Rack Scanners or Electronic balances would be an advantage
- Experience of Windows Servers / Deploying onto Windows Servers or deploying to the Cloud / AWS would be beneficial
- Work closely with customers both face to face and predominantly remotely from home on technical configuration of SAAS / Software Implementation
- Work closely with the Business Analyst to understand the processes and document the configuration
- Write SQL and SQL scripting with Oracle to configure Oracle Databases for software configuration, customer data migration, and integrate with 3rd party lab software and lab automation equipment
- Seeing projects through the full release cycle including integration testing, performing Mosaic database and server installation, troubleshooting issues and providing technical support to clients during UAT and go-live period before handover to support
- Creating software builds and releases
- Using RemedyForce to provide support to customers
- Setting up software on Windows Server including IIS configuration and troubleshooting server side errors
- Deploying in cloud deployments (Amazon AWS)
- Estimating length and complexity of application consultant work for sales estimates and writing sales proposals
- Communicating with developers during development projects on product changes and solutions to issues
This is an outstanding chance to join an international software company who’s software us used by the majority of the world’s top 20 Bio-Pharma companies and who software integrates with Laboratory Sample Management / LIMS software for pharmaceutical and biotech laboratories with robotic automation systems (liquid handlers, automated stores, etc.). The role will offer the freedom to be based remotely but also requires the applicant to be flexible to travel to meet with customers within the UK and Europe.
Opus Resourcing acts as an employment agency in respect of permanent employment.