This role is based predominantly remotely with occasional travel. Office locations are London, Manchester or Bristol so if you are within range of one of these locations it would be useful.
Your Technical Expertise as a Solution Architect / would include the majority of
- Proven experience as Solution Architect / Technical Architect for client centric ecommerce systems, with recent experience in architecting and designing solutions in an architectural capacity e.g solution architect, application architect, software architect, Technical Architect or Technical Lead
- Ideally experience in architecting eCommerce solutions / ecommerce platforms, Commerce such as CommerceTools, Oracle ATG, Fluent Order Management, Order Management systems, Hybris, WCS, Magento, WCS, EPiServer, Commerce Cloud etc
- Experience working with Cloud Platforms with experience of at least one of Azure, AWS, GCP
- Ideally experience of working in a client centric solution architecture role such as for a digital agency, systems integrator, consultancy, or software house or eCommerce / retail company.
- The solutions you will be building will be unique to a customer so broad architecture skills would be ideal.
- Experience of ideally working on bids, proof of concept, MVP and the early lifecycle
- Knowledge of the ecommerce systems lifecycle such as OMS / Order Management, Warehouse Management / WMS, Fulfilment, checkout and basket etc
- Sufficient level of relevant technical background (from development or technical background) ideally Java or .NET to provide highly credible leadership to development teams.
- Be able to evaluate project risks, assumptions, dependencies, and issues accurately/objectively.
- Good understanding of modern DevOPs and Testing methodologies such as CI/CD, BDD, TDD etc.
- Good understanding of Security and Information Assurance, such as GDPR, OWASP Top 10, Least Privilege etc.
As a Solution key aspects of this role would involve:
- Translating business requirements into technical solutions, and effectively communicate with internal teams, client teams and senior stakeholders on your design. A key part of your role will be working with delivery teams to ensure alignment to your design and requirements.
- Provide technical leadership in transforming requirements to solutions and technical designs, while working as a key member of cross functional delivery team(s); distributed across multiple geographies and organisations.
- To architect cloud native solutions, leveraging containers, microservices, APIs, PaaS capabilities, variety of data storage technologies, IAM.
- Acting as a trusted advisor to clients, providing pragmatic solutions to real world problems.
- Providing technical leadership on proof of concepts to establish architectural patterns for new products and service offerings.
- Being responsible for refactoring existing solutions while embracing cloud-first strategy, leveraging the full stack across SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS offerings
- To deliver excellent technical skills and communications expertise with a collaborative approach that will demonstrate the value of communications and stakeholder engagement.
- Providing technical governance, performing quality reviews, performing reviews of the architecture and design deliverables from technical teams and working collaboratively to help them fill in the identified gaps.
- You will work across all the various stages of the project / product lifecycle, right from pre-sales to providing operational systems.
This is an outstanding chance to further you skills working for a fast growing and forward thinking digital agency and will offer the chance to flex your technical and architecture working on the latest headless commerce and cloud native platforms for some massively transactional businesses.
Opus Resourcing are a boutique IT employment Agency who are relied on by a number of world leading