This role is based predominantly remote with occasional travel. Office locations are London, Manchester or Bristol so if you are within range of one of these locations it would be useful.
Your Solution Architecture / eCommerce Expertise would include:
- Extensive work experience as Solution Architect / Technical Architect for ecommerce software systems, with recent experience in architecting and designing solutions in an architectural capacity e.g., integration architect, application architect, software architect, solution architect., Technical Lead or Technical Architect.
- Translating business requirements into technical solutions, and effectively communicate with internal teams, client teams and senior stakeholders on your design. A key part of your role will be working with delivery teams to ensure alignment to your design and requirements.
- An ideal candidate will combine excellent technical skills and communications expertise with a collaborative approach that will demonstrate the value of communications and stakeholder engagement.
- Experience architecting cloud native solutions, leveraging containers, microservices, APIs, PaaS capabilities, variety of data storage technologies, IAM.
- Experience in technical governance, performing quality reviews, performing reviews of the architecture and design deliverables from technical teams and working collaboratively to help them fill in the identified gaps.
- Experience working across all the various stages of the project / product lifecycle, right from pre-sales into operationalisation, support, and eventual decommissioning.
- Experience in architecting eCommerce solutions such as ecommerce platform such as Headless Commerce, Commercetools, Hybris, Magento, WCS, EPiServer
- Any knowledge of backend ecommerce systems such as OMS / Order Management, Warehouse Management / WMS, Fulfilment, checkout and basket etc
- Strong experience with Java / Spring Boot or C# .NET Core
- Comfortable working with Cloud Platforms with experience of at least one of Azure, AWS, GCP
- Sufficient level of relevant technical background (from development or technical background) to provide highly credible leadership to development teams.
- Be able to evaluate project risks, assumptions, dependencies, and issues accurately/objectively.
- Good understanding of modern DevOPs and Testing methodologies such as CI/CD, BDD, TDD etc.
- Good understanding of Security and Information Assurance, such as GDPR, OWASP Top 10, Least Privilege etc.
- Previous experience as a Java or .Net Developer
- Experience in architecting solutions in SaaS based systems
- Experience in architecting solutions in CMS systems e.g., Sitecore, Contentful or similar
- Experience with API Gateways / Managers such as Mulesoft, AWS API Manger, AWS App Sync, Azure API Gateways etc.
- Experience in architecting mobile solutions targeting both Android and iOS
As a Solutions Architect Ecommerce responsibilities would include
- Provide technical leadership in transforming requirements to solutions and technical designs, while working as a key member of cross functional delivery team(s); distributed across multiple geographies and organisations.
- Acting as a trusted advisor to clients, providing pragmatic solutions to real world problems.
- Provide technical leadership on proof of concepts to establish architectural patterns for new products and service offerings.
- Responsible for refactoring existing solutions while embracing cloud-first strategy, leveraging the full stack across SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS offerings
- Guide the impact assessment on various change initiatives around current and future technology landscape.
- Review evolving requirements and work with stakeholders to make enhancements/changes to the architecture through a collaborative process with the product team(s)
- Ensure solutions are in-line with the target state, with significant focus on non-functional aspects of the solution.
- Drive recommendations for improvements across the functional and non-functional aspects of the solution.
- Create and deliver architecture and design artefacts, while ensuring completeness of solution.
- Evangelize use of design patterns, industry standards and best practices, and contribute to the companies Communities of Practice.
- Provide advice and support in performance tuning, troubleshooting, cost optimization and other implementation or operational challenges
- Work closely with architects and technical leads from clients or suppliers, on solution designs through a constructive, challenging but collaborative approach.
- Review designs from the delivery partner and systems integrator teams to ensure they are consistent with the enterprise architecture and design principles.
Opus Resourcing are a boutique IT employment Agency who are relied on by a number of world leading technology companies and brands to assist resource their contract and permanent positions.