The role is based in Irvine, CA, Orange County and is based in the office four days per week and will involve some travel to customers on the West Coast.
Benefits include Medical, dental, Vision, Life Assurance, 401k Match and Paid time off. Relocation assistance will also be provided / Sponsorship considered within US
As a Software Engineering Manager, you will have skills in
- Proven experience in directly leading and line managing multi-disciplinary / cross-functional software engineering teams that deliver custom web-centric solutions
- Strong hands-on capabilities in Frontend / UI development and development skills in React as you will use your coding skills
- Experience with agile software development processes (e.g., Scrum, Kanban) and experience in managing stakeholders and, ideally, consulting or a software company
- Experience in delivering large-scale, highly trafficked, high-profile websites (marketing, e-commerce / headless commerce, web portals & help centers)
- Firm understanding of DOM, SEO, and XML technologies
- Deep knowledge of CMS / Content Management platforms such as WordPress, Joomla, WooCommerce, Drupal, Wix, Contentful,
- Experience delivering UI component libraries, tools, and secure UI infrastructure that support interactive websites at a global scale
- Ability to work with web development tools such as Chrome DevTools (e.g., Google lighthouse, Google analytics)
Desirable skills as the Software Engineering Manager would include
- Experience developing secure and scalable web services and API’s
- Firm understanding of HTTP response/request handling, DNS routing/configuration, and CDN’s
- Deep knowledge of Material UI, cloud services (AWS/Azure), as well as distributed systems like Akamai
- Ability to work with design tools such as Figma
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence, or similar systems
- Master's degree in Computer Science is a plus
- Technical leadership/oversight and performance management of the cross-functional team with Front End/Full Stack Engineers, CMS Web Developers/Content Specialists
- Coach, mentor the software engineers to develop their personal and professional growth.
- Lead the engineering team to deliver impactful web-based experiences, modern UI component libraries, and enterprise-level web-based infrastructure
- Own the overall technical strategies and low-level execution of high-quality and cost-effective solutions that satisfy customer business requirements
- Uphold software development practices and continuing to evolve with the industry
- Drive and influence company growth from the success of the projects delivered to the clients
This is an outstanding chance to develop your career, work directly with customers, and stay close to the code so you dont loose your technical skills. Leading and managing a team that will building customer centric digital experience and complex web solutions for world leading brands.
Opus Resourcing acts as a recruitment agency and helps a number of world-leading brands to source the best possible talent.