The role can offer remote / office or even full time remote working options.
Essential skills for the Software Engineer role include
- Sound skills in C or C++ (primary activity is C programming)
- Multi-threading / threading / real-time programming
- Network programming or network protocol / network communication knowledge such as TCP/IP, SIP, RTP, H.323, UDP, VOIP etc
Other desirable skills for the Software Engineer – Video / Audio would include
- Python Development skills
- Software Engineering practices such as CI / CD and Test Automation
- Good understanding of Real-time Media transport protocols RTP, or RTCP or RTSP etc
- Knowledge of WebRTC or GStreamer
- Knowledge of Audio codecs such as (AAC(-LD), Opus, G.7xx, Speex, Slik, L16, etc) or Video Codecs such as H.26x, RTV, VPx
- Knowledge of Digital Signal Processing
This is an excellent chance to flex you software engineering skills working in a highly skilled product centric R&D team for a company with a great culture and who are passionate about innovation.
The company is located accessible by car or train or bike and has a great working environment close to central Reading and regular company events in normal times.
Opus Resourcing are a boutique IT employment Agency who are relied on by a number of world leading technology companies and brands to assist resource their contract and permanent positions.