This role could suit an existing Software Development Manager, Software Engineering Team Lead, or Software Delivery Manager who is used to line managing, ensuring project deliverables and functionality are delivered in an Agile environment on a highly complex scientific software product where software quality is critical.
The role will start managing one team with the goal of transitioning into managing two cross-functional teams.
Skills required as Software Development Manager would include:
- Proven skills in managing the project deliverables/dependencies/prioritisation for a software team in an Agile environment.
- Proven skills in line management/performance management and coaching of software teams
- Proven skills in Agile / Scrum Delivery, leading scrum teams, and Agile techniques such as CI / CD / TDD etc
- A technical heritage as a Developer using C# / .NET or Java based systems and RDBMS knowledge such as Oracle or SQL Server.
- An interest in algorithms, clean code,
- A keen eye on software quality, as this is very important for software in the Pharma / Biotech space
- Ideally, a strong degree (2:1 or above) from a Red Brick / Russell University in a Computer Science or Scientific Discipline with sound A Levels.
- An interest in Science or biotechnology would be an advantage but not essential.
- Experience of working on customer-centric software delivery would also be an advantage such as SAAS or a software company
This role of Software Development Manager would be joining an established and supportive company within a large development function. This is a great chance to hone your software delivery/leadership skills, working across challenging and complex systems which are relied on by leading Pharm and Biotech companies to assist in drug discovery and have strong social importance.
You will have the flexibility to work in a hybrid home/office-based role, typically circa two days in the office or more if you prefer.
The Software Development Manager will be working in Agile teams of circa six people. The company has a wide range of applications, including full-stack web applications, distributed systems, OLTP databases, and robotic control software.
The company has a friendly culture and will provide training on their product as well as the chance to work with senior engineers and progress your career within a significant size development group.
Opus Resourcing is a boutique IT Employment Agency who are relied on by a number of world-leading technology companies and brands to assist in resourcing their contract and permanent positions.