This is a home based or remotely based role on from the East Coast / Eastern side of the US or can be office based if you are in the Washington DC , Virginia area.
Key skills required as Senior Software Engineer would include some of
- Strong backend software Engineering skills particularly with Python or Golang / Go Programming language
- Strong product software design skills to develop and shipping quality products on time and to spec.
- Extensive experience, working on large scale or high availability distributed systems and ideally network programming
- Proven experience of cloud product development with Azure or AWS or GCP
- Ideally experience of developing secure systems / security coding, security by design for software engineering or secure coding with any of TLS, PKI, CAC card / Common access card, encryption, Open SSL, certification authentication etc
- Experience of defining requirements, clarifying and refining product specifications.
- Experience of FEDRAMP and/or FIPS 140-2 validated solutions would be an advantage
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or a related discipline is required
- Desirable skills would include Video collaboration, Video conferencing, VOIP systems, (Cisco, Polycom / Poly / Teams / Zoom) etc, Telepresence and protocols such as SIP, H.323, WebRTC
Key aspects of the Senior Software Engineer
- Drive the product design and development of a new cloud based SAAS video collaboration product for the US federal agencies
- Design, develop, deliver, and rapidly iterate high quality code in as part of a new software development group based in the US
- Establish strong development standards and processes to help ensure the code maintains the highest quality both from the outset and as the team expands
- Work with the team to co-develop, execute, and automate unit and product test plans
- Contribute to multiple projects in a highly collaborative, cross functional, global environment
- Collaborate with an operations team to facilitate support and monitoring of the service your team helped to design and develop
- Work with the QA team for validation activities
- Write, review, and revise product requirements and specifications
- Participate in other areas of the software development process
This is an outstanding chance to join a green field project and new team for a global video collaboration project based in the Washington DC area who will work closely with their global software engineering teams. The company have an amazing culture and are fast growing business with a strong software engineering culture with a reputation building high secure and scalable products.
Opus Resourcing are a boutique IT employment Agency who are relied on by a number of world leading technology companies and brands to assist resource their contract and permanent positions.