Salary Circa $170-200k + Equity + Bens + Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Paid Leave, Fitness, Mental Health, Paternity Leave (H1B visa transfer considered)
(Hybrid role 2 days per week in the San Francisco Office)
This Senior Software engineer will flex their skills on complex platform architecture, coding, and reliability on a platform with low latency, real-time microservices and streaming data to process and protect substantial data volumes and millions of users.
Primary technologies used include Go, Python, Linux, Kafka, AWS, Redis, Docker, Kubernetes, Cassandra, Terraform, Envoy, Node.JS
The Senior Software Engineer – Backend will require skills in
- Strong coding ability in at least one of Go / Golang OR Python OR Java OR C++ with a Polyglot mindset
- Experience of working in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Strong skills in backend systems and scale so distributed systems / event-driven, low latency or multi-threading or machine learning etc
- Proven experience running systems at scale with thousands of transactions TPS / requests per section RPS and reliability engineering
- Experience developing complex software systems scaling to substantial data volumes or millions of users with production quality deployment, monitoring and reliability.
- Experience in integrating with third-party APIs
- Data Processing - experience with building and maintaining large-scale and/or real-time complex data processing pipelines using Kafka, Hadoop, Hive, Storm, or Zookeeper
- Experience with large-scale distributed storage and database systems (SQL or NoSQL, MySQL, Cassandra)
- Ability to solve complex business problems and play a senior role in a team in solving them
- Work in product-centric engineering to architect low latency / distributed systems and real-time microservices
- Building highly-availability and secure authentication and API services
- Optimizing and operating high-volume auto-scaling streaming data services
- Maintaining and evolving mission-critical internal databases and services
- Instrumenting streaming data services for visibility into utilization per customer
- Writing and maintaining documentation about internal and public services
- Working with product and other stakeholders to define features
Opus Resourcing acts as a recruitment agency and helps a number of world-leading brands to source the best possible talent.