The office is based in the Virginia / Washington DC area but there also potentially flexibility to be home based and work remotely from the Eastern side of the US.
Key skills required as Senior Software Engineer
- Strong product architectural / design skills to develop and shipping quality products on time and to spec.
- Experience of defining requirements, clarifying and refining product specifications
- Strong backend software Engineering skills particularly with Python or (Go or C++ or C Programming)
- Proven experience of cloud product development with Azure, AWS or GCP
- Extensive experience, working on large scale, high availability distributed services and ideally network programming
- Ideally experience of developing secure systems / security coding ideally that form part of FEDRAMP and/or FIPS 140-2 validated solutions an advantage
- Or experience of security by design for software engineering or secure coding with any of PKI, CAC card / Common access card, encryption, Open SSL, certification authentication etc
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or a related discipline is required
- Desirable skills would include Video collaboration, Video conferencing, VOIP systems, (Cisco, Polycom / Poly / Teams / Zoom) etc, Telepresence and protocols such as SIP, H.323, WebRTC
Key aspects of the Senior Software Engineer
- Drive the design, development of a new cloud based video collaboration product for the US federal agencies
- Design, develop, deliver, and rapidly iterate high quality code in as part of a new software development group based in the US
- Establish strong development standards and processes to help ensure the code maintains the highest quality both from the outset and as the team expands
- Work with the team to co-develop, execute, and automate unit and product test plans
- Contribute to multiple projects in a highly collaborative, cross functional, global environment
- Collaborate with an operations team to facilitate support and monitoring of the service your team helped to design and develop
- Work with the QA team for validation activities
- Write, review, and revise product requirements and specifications
- Participate in other areas of the software development process
This is an outstanding chance to join a green field project and new team for a global video collaboration project based in the Washington DC area who will work closely with their global software engineering teams. The company have an amazing culture and are fast growing business with a strong software engineering culture with a reputation building high secure and scalable products.
Opus Resourcing are a boutique IT employment Agency who are relied on by a number of world leading technology companies and brands to assist resource their contract and permanent positions.