The Senior Scientific Application Support role is a remote role supporting a large enterprise / SAAS software product that is used by the majority of the world’s top 20 pharma/life science companies to aid rapid drug/vaccine discovery and is used by scientists in the field of sample management / Compound Management.
This role will be based remotely from your US base home office but will require travel to meet customers occasionally and up to a max of 10% of the time within the US, and typically for a short duration. The Majority of Customers in the US are based on the East Coast around Massachusetts/ MA / New Jersey, and the other largest concentration of customers is on the West Coast in the San Francisco Bay area.
This person’s profile is likely to be a scientist within pharma/life sciences, or someone with scientific / software application background for lab systems, and SQL / Database, particularly around sample management/compound management and rapid drug discovery.
Applicants will need to be eligible to work in the US, as the client can’t currently provide sponsorship, and have a valid driving license.
Key skills required for the role of Senior Scientific Application Support Engineer
- Strong scientific domain experience in the drug discovery/sample management or compound Management space for lab-based systems
- Strong knowledge of Titian’s Mosaic software would be a significant advantage
- Sound experience of working with customers and any experience of consultancy or application support would be an advantage
- Sound SQL skills, creating views, functions/procedures and ideally the ability to understand/debug PL/SQL
- The Ability to diagnose and address software application issues or an interest in this area.
- Complex problem-solving/troubleshooting.
- Scientific LIMS or lab systems such as sample management operations/systems or other relevant life science / bio-pharmaceutical industry experience.
Key responsibilities as a Senior Technical Support Engineer -Oracle would include
- As part of a team supporting both the Eastern / EST and Western time Zones in the US
- The ability to work well individually without the need for close supervision.
- Good internal and external verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Strong, excellent, proven customer relationship skills.
- A methodical work approach and strong prioritization skills.
- An excellent work ethic.
- Other requirements
This is an outstanding chance to join a respected company with a great culture, and it will be well suited to people within the scientific world who want a new career challenge in 2023.
Opus Resourcing acts as an employment agency in respect of permanent employment.