Roles are available at the Software Engineer, Senior Software and Lead Software Level's.
As a Senior Python Developer you will have skills in some of
• Strong skills in Python software development and software engineering principles such as object-oriented programming, design principles as well as development methodology and workflows
• Experience of Agile software development and Test-driven development / TDD
• Experience in developing medium to large scale complex Python software;
• Familiarity with various other programming languages, such as C/C++, Java would be ideal.
• Experience of the Linux operating system;
• Active problem diagnosis and creative problem-solving skills;
• Comfortable working in group environments on multidisciplinary, multi-module projects using Agile PM methodologies;
• Any experience of mentoring / coaching other software developers would be desirable
Desirable skills as the Senior Python Developer would include
• Experience in life science / Bio tech, scientific programming, or medical device or related work environments;
• Experience of developing algorithms / implementing data analysis algorithms / image processing or OpenCV would be desirable
• Familiarity with messaging queues, interfacing with embedded systems, and binary communication protocols;
• Understanding the principle of CSS/HTML/Web development including security, session management, and best development practices;
• Experience in RESTful Web Services; Tomcat / Apache; MongoDB or similar NoSQL database programs; SSL/TLS and JSON Web Tokens;
• Experience with building and maintaining Gitlab CI/CD infrastructure (runners, pipelines).
This is a great chance to join an ambitious start up and to get to work on greenfield technology working closely with the scientists and the business.
Sponsorship is a possibility if applicants have a strong fit for this role, and this role will be office based in Cambridge as you will be working closely with the scientists.
The company will offer excellent chance to progress you career as well as work on projects that will positively impact people lives.
Opus Resourcing acts as an employment agency in respect of permanent employment.