As a Senior Python Developer you will have skills in some of
- Sound Python backend development skills ideally Python 3 (essential)
- Strong software engineering fundamentals
- Django ideally as this is what is used or web centric frameworks like Flask, Torando etc
- Linux ideally with basic Linux systems admin skills (essential)
- Distributed systems / highly available systems are desirable
- CI / CD
- RDMS / SQL
- Skills in Test Driven Development
- Networking knowledge & network programming skills are a plus
- Computer Science of Scientific Degree ideally from a Red Brick University
- Knowledge of computer networking fundamentals including IP-based communication
- Experience with virtualisation technologies, e.g. VMware
- Good understanding of real-time media transport protocols
- Familiarity with SIP and WebRTC
You will have strong collaborative skills to work closely with other development and QA teams and clients to build a world class learning and development platform.
The role will be working from remotely from home until the advice changes for workers to return to the office but when things return to normal will be primarily based from the Reading office.
Opus Resourcing acts as an employment agency in respect of permanent employment.