This company is physically based in Cambridge, so it might suit someone who is located within range of Cambridge to work on a Hybrid base, or will have the option for someone to work fully remotely.
As a Senior Platform Team lead, you will have skills in some of
- Experienced Platform engineer or Senior DevOps Engineer with skills in designing, developing, and testing shared abstractions to build a self-service framework for software engineers.
- Experience working with an Agile platform team, running containerised software, and CI / CD approaches.
- Strong skills in Kubernetes clusters, Kubernetes administration, and ideally Kubernetes EKS, Kubernetes ECS or GKE, Kubernetes operators such as Helm or Kustomize
- Experience in Java or OO software development would be a strong advantage.
- Hands-on skills in the latest DevOps tools and practices, particularly with Containers / Container management, Docker, Infrastructure as code – Terraform ideally, or Ansible
- Cloud platform knowledge with AWS with some of VPC, Route53, S3, IAM
- Ideally, with experience with distributed systems / Kafka
- Experience with Git, Terraform, Kubernetes and any cloud platform
- Linux skills
- Experience with database technologies such as MySQL, MongoDB or Postgres is desirable, along with a healthy exposure to shell scripting and coding in Golang.
- Experience with AWS Transit Gateway, CloudFront and API Gateway
- Experience with service Mesh (Istio)
- Experience using DORA metrics to facilitate continuous improvement.
- Understand the RED method and the four golden signals for monitoring microservices.
- Deeper knowledge of Kubernetes internals
- Knowledge of Kubernetes custom resources and operator model
- You’re team-oriented, keen to share your knowledge, and open to giving (and receiving) continuous feedback.
- You believe in the ethos of 'you build it, you own it’ to see through features from inception to delivery.
- Experience of working in environments where uncertainty and complex problems are solved positively, rapidly, and collaboratively
The responsibilities of the Senior Platform Engineer include helping to lead the build of the underlying abstractions of Kubernetes clusters, service mesh, observability, AWS organisation and networking management, and these abstractions provide self-service frameworks for use by autonomous squads of T-shaped software engineers rooted in a DevOps culture of automated continuous delivery pipelines and ‘you build it, you run it’.
The Platform Engineering team will support the entire engineering team, championing best practices and aiding the delivery of a highly available, highly performing platform.
This is an excellent chance to work for an ethical, clean tech business at the forefront of the energy transformation, further your career within a scale-up business and to driving forward their platform engineering capabilities.
Opus Resourcing are a boutique IT employment Agency who are relied on by a number of world leading technology companies and brands to assist resource their contract and permanent positions.