Key skills as a Java Software Engineer would include
- Strong Java experience with strong understanding of Java / Core Java
- Familiarity with modern application frameworks such as (SpringBoot, Micronaut, Serverless etc)
- Ideally experience of AWS / Cloud
- Demonstrable curiosity and ability to work across the stack with a mix of languages and tools
- Understanding of UI/UX design principles and some Frontend or Desktop UI Development (experience of Java FX would be useful)
- Working knowledge of Linux / Unix
- Knowledge of continuous delivery / continuous integration / Test Driven Development
- Evidence of driving successful delivery in large or complex software projects
- Knowledge of Python and/or C/C++ language
- Experience working with Computer Vision, knowledge of OpenCV framework
- A real interest of experience of working in life sciences or medical devices
- Experience of algorithms and maths modelling
- Strong academic background in Computer Science or a scientific degree
The role will be based on the Cambridge Science Park and will be primarily based in the office alongside the scientific teams.
Opus Resourcing are a boutique IT employment Agency who are relied on by a number of world leading technology companies and brands to assist resource their contract and permanent positions.