This key role will be acting as a technical lead to a small team DevOps team and will be very hands on but also will involve some coaching and mentoring, and advising the business.
The role is currently fully remote but will based close to London Bridge in amazing offices once life returns to normally, with the expectation of being office based 1 to 2 days per week or more if you prefer.
As a Senior DevOps / Lead DevOps Engineer essential skills required include Linux, Kubernetes, Terraform, AWS and AWS EKS
The full break down of the skills for the Senior DevOps Engineer role includes
- Senior level hands on DevOps experience / Linux systems background
- Sound AWS skills (they are mainly using EKS, Elastic Kubernetes Service / EC2 and ECS
- Strong skills in Kubernetes / EKS
- Scripting / Coding skills with Python, Bash, Go or Powershell or another programming language to automate and use Git
- Comfortable building CI /CD pipelines, deployment and Orchestration using Git, Ansible and Jenkins or similar
- Monitoring systems experience with Nagios, DataDog or other monitoring tools such as Prometheus
- Experience of Full Stack JS / Node.JS platforms or Java platforms would be desirable
- Leadership and mentoring experience, for coaching engineers across technical and best practices.
- Excellent stakeholder management experience and a can do attitude
- Build and release experience
- Experience of supporting business critical systems / managing incidents / security / governance etc
- Hands on delivery of the technical DevOps roadmap of improvements across all platforms such as an event driven architecture
- Help foster an agile engineering DevOps culture
- Keep on top of the latest developments in Kubernetes and AWS
- Platform automation through coding, Ansible, Terraform and Jenkins
- Management of the development and test environments
- Platform monitoring through Datadog and Nagios with a view to improve performance and reliability
- The provision of on-call support for the business critical systems
- Work collaboratively with a wider engineering team.
- Adopt good engineering patterns and practices
- Compile and maintain good quality documentation
- Provide DevOps support to the service desk, development and infrastructure teams
- Provide technical leadership and direction
- Own the release of software to production
Opus Resourcing are a boutique IT employment Agency who are relied on by a number of world leading technology companies and brands to assist resource their contract and permanent positions.