This role will be working with IT function that is embracing serious change / transformation so we are looking for a Business Analyst who can bring ideas and demonstrate where they have introduced new thinking, and approaches in roles they have had to date.
As a Senior Business Analyst you will have skills in some of
- Extensive Business Analysis skills capturing requirements and translate into artefacts such as; user stories, wireframes, data flows, process mapping / process flows, business requirements documents, presentations, and options papers.
- Experience of the Insurance Sector / banking or a FCSA registered environment would be desirable, both in terms of business processes and systems such as risk management, claims management, Front & Back office etc
- Good understanding of the SDLC, and familiarity with Agile delivery / Agile ceremonies / Waterfall approaches
- Experience in requirements capture / workshops and managing senior level stakeholders
- Business Analysis experience in Insurance or ideally financial services, actuarial systems, or FCA approved business
- Any experience of mentoring / coach or developing other BA’s
- Experience of full project life cycle, from initiation into business as business as usual.
- Excellent knowledge of Excel, Powerpoint, LucidChart and Visio or other process mapping software
- Experience of conducting/facilitate acceptance tests for solutions with user community, including development of UAT test scenario and test scripts.
- Experience of working with external parties and suppliers.
- Experience of Azure DevOps for user story creation, sprint planning is desirable
- Gherkin syntax.
- Lloyds Market Insurance Essentials Exams would be desirable.
- BCS Business Analysis Certification and/or Business Analysis Diploma
- Act as SME within the Agile Development Team, taking ownership of artefacts.
- Conduct and lead workshops with the business to elicit and document business requirements and priorities.
- Analyse business requirements and translate into high quality artefacts such as; user stories, wireframes, data flows, process maps, business requirements documents, presentations, and options papers.
- Use design thinking, or similar approaches to:-
o Define needs, designs, problems and insights.
o Ideate by challenging common assumptions and Prototype to test and validate solutions
- Analyse and document “as is” business processes, identify processes to be changed and model the optimized “to be” future stated business processes.
- Complete data analysis when required (e.g. impact analysis, data quality analysis, data migration, data reconciliation).
- Develop, deliver and evaluate process and technology training and supplemental materials
- Communicate progress, issues and risks to stakeholders.
- Prepare and deliver presentations.
- Report and communicate fluently on all aspects of work and communicate effectively with all levels of management and in public forums.
- Provide business with effective support and advice in relation to technology.
- Develop close business / stakeholder working relationships.
- Liaison between the business, IT department and external parties.
This is an outstanding chance to flex your Business Analyst skills and progress your career working for a business with ambitious plans for digital innovation, and will offer the chance to work at up to C Suite level.
Opus Resourcing are a boutique IT employment Agency who are relied on by a number of world leading technology companies and brands to assist resource their contract and permanent positions.