This role will be ideal for those with a software engineer in test / systems engineering / low level systems background as it requires knowledge of area such as sockets, memory management, networking / network programming and a background testing complex distributed systems.
As a company testing is fully automated and ther is a passion for CI / CD systems.
As a SDET - Python you will have skills in the majority of
- Strong Python software sutomation testing / software development / background (Essential)
- Experience developing automated tests to test the new features such as stress testing , security testing, automated test, interoperability, performance test, infrastructure automation,
- Object oriented programming and design patterns (essential)
- Pytest / Selenium etc
- Any experience in the automation of Cloud deployments AWS or GCP
- Test driven development / TDD, Test automation / QA / Continuous Integration
- Knowledge of networking protocols / network programming/ network communications / network connected devices / wireshark etc
- Network protocols such as TCP/IP, H.323, SIP, WebRTC etc (desirable)
- Docker or Containers
- Virtualisation technologies such as VMware and HyperV (desirable)
- KVM (desirable)
- IP networking (desirable)
- Degree from Red brick University in Computer Science or science
Duties and responsibilities as a SDET - Python Software Developmer in Test
- Extensive Python related programming
- Work with the product development team to ensure that the product is designed with testing in mind.
- Functional Testing, Unit testing, stress testing, security testing etc
- Design, develop and code up improvements to the automation infrastructure, incorporating third-party products.
- Monitor test runs and work with the rest of the team to analyse any failures.
- Contributing to test processes and building test frameworks / test architecture
Likely backgrounds are from companies that are related to areas such as network communications, network security, video collaboration / video conferencing , telecoms, IOT, CDN / Content Delivery Networks / OTT or roles with heavy systems programming.
Opus Resourcing are a boutique IT employment Agency who are relied on by a number of world leading technology companies and brands to assist resource their contract and permanent positions.