The role will be working remotely from home until the advice changes for workers to return to the office in Reading. There is also potential to work remotely if someone is a strong technical fit.
As a Python Developer you will have skills in some of the following
- Sound Python backend development skills ideally Python 3 (essential)
- Strong software engineering fundamentals
- Django ideally as this is what is used or web centric frameworks like Flask, Tornado etc
- Linux ideally with basic Linux systems admin skills (essential)
- Distributed systems / highly available systems are desirable
- Experience of interfacing with the Front End / UI
- CI / CD
- RDMS / SQL
- Skills in Test Driven Development
- Networking knowledge & network programming skills are a plus
- Computer Science of Scientific Degree ideally from a Red Brick University
- Knowledge of computer networking fundamentals including IP-based communication
- Experience with virtualisation technologies, e.g. VMware
- Good understanding of real-time media transport protocols
- Familiarity with SIP and WebRTC
You will have strong collaborative skills to work closely with other development and QA teams and clients to build a world class learning and development platform.
Opus Resourcing acts as an employment agency in respect of permanent employment.