This is a new role, and Project Management team within the business, so you will have scope to influence the direction of the PM approach and methods used.
Location close to London Bridge (the role will offer flexible working with circa 2 days per week in the office / home working)
Key skills as a Project Manager – Software Implementation would include
- Sound Project Management experience managing client facing, software implementation projects for big scale customers
- Experience of Project managing multiple concurrent software implementation projects, for different clients
- Have a methodical work approach, strong prioritization skills and an excellent attention to detail, and essentially the quality of the deliverables
- Be able to understand software architecture and be able to pick up technical concepts and communicate with technical staff (platform is built in .Net / Microsoft stack)
- Be experienced in recognised project management methodologies such as APM or PMI or Prince – including both waterfall and Agile approaches
- A recognised project management qualification in APM. PMI or Prince would be desirable.
- Degree educated in scientific / computer science / numerate / STEM background
- Have excellent, proven customer relationship skills combined with excellent decision-making/leadership capabilities
Key aspects of the role of Project Manager would include
- Customer facing Project Management to ensure customer software implementation projects are delivered on time and budget
- Ensuring the customer is delivered the required specification and quality are managed as this is very important with scientific environments
- Ensuring the customer is gets a good experience and is highly satisfied
- To manage multiple concurrent software implementation projects
- Project Management of internal planning, resource management, task management and upward reporting
- Developing Project Management documentation including internal and external plans, project status reports, risk and issue management
- Extracting projects scope from contractual / sales documents to ensure the project is delivered within scope
- Managing internal meetings, and meeting internal teams to define and update project tasks, and ensure estimates are updated as the project progresses
- Working with internal managers to help negotiate prioritisation and resource allocation
- Chair regular review meeting with the customer via video and email.
- Proactively manage customer expectations
This is a great chance to flex your project management skills and you will be the first person in a newly formed team delivering complex COTS / SAAS software product to large scale respected Pharma and Biotech companies.
This role will be ideal for an existing Project Manager or Implementation Consultant or Implementation Manager with strong Project Management skills.
Opus Resourcing acts as an employment agency in respect of permanent employment.