Companies tech hub is based in Cambridge so the ability to work some of the time in the Cambridge would be desirable, although applicants who want to remotely will also be suitable.
This role will be idea for someone who has a passion for UX / usability combined with a keen eye on UI design, and who might want to work on a product that will make a difference towards climate change by driving the efficiency of large scale renewable resources and helping move drive towards Net Zero.
Skills and Experience for the UX / UI Design would include
• Strong experience in UX and UI design in an Agile environment / software product based environment for complex SaaS or for complex web applications
• Strong UX focus with a demonstrable understanding of user flow and user interaction design skills
• Demonstrable UI design experience, ideally with a portfolio of previous design work
• Ability to think at a high level about product strategy and clearly articulate design decisions
• Experience of strong collaboration with Product Owners and delivery squads in an agile environment, understanding technical implications in design decisions and able to take ownership of design process and work as self-directed member of the team.
• Works iteratively to incrementally gain feedback, and build understanding and alignment
• Clean visual design sense.
Key Responsibilities and Deliverables as a UX / UI Designer would be
• Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product owners, subject matter experts, end-users and software engineers
• Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, wire-framing, process flows and sitemaps
• Design graphic user interface elements like navigation, graphical and tabular data representations, UI controls, configuration widgets
• Develop UI mock-ups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how product modules function and look
• Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and tables)
• Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
• Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
• Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
• Define and drive adoption of style standards on fonts, colours and images
This is an outstanding chance to join a high skilled team and work in a rewarding environment on a product that is contributing towards climate change, but also on a complex product that is evolving fast.
Opus Resourcing are a boutique IT employment Agency who are relied on by a number of world leading technology companies and brands to assist resource their contract and permanent positions.