The Lead .NET DevOps role offer flexible working and is likely to be in the office at least 2 days per week once things return to normal.
As a Lead .NET DevOps Engineer you will have skills in the majority of
- A Microsoft centric DevOps Engineer with a strong knowledge of CI/CD and Build Automation
- Sound skills in PowerShell scripting
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft builds with TFS and / or TeamCity and setting up VM’s
- Any knowledge of Azure DevOps Services would be an advantage
- Infrastructure as code and any knowledge of Terraform / AWS would be an advantage
- Sound knowledge of working in Agile environments
- Exposure to monitoring systems would be an advantage
- Senior level experience with at least one of team leadership, technical leadership, coaching & mentoring or scrum master skills
Key responsibilities for the Lead .NET DevOps engineer would include
- Being a hands on lead for a small DevOps team who are responsible for customer builds requested from the software team, as well as responsible for the main product range’s major and minor releases in terms of builds required for testing and all release artefacts (i.e. AWS images).
- Streamlining the build infrastructure used by the Agile dev teams. This often includes improvements to the nightly and CI infrastructure, automated error handling and reporting, etc.
- Driving the Scrum-like work cycle with a backlog and bi-weekly meetings, but most often works in a more Kanban-style daily operation due to the operations-side of their role. This is freely chosen by the team to fit their style and work items.
- The team mainly the Microsoft stack for software development, but have more freedom to use others for our DevOps toolchain to optimise it to the furthest extent. You will also evaluate alternatives where it makes an improvement.
- Being responsible for the stream of build requests that the DevOps team needs to fulfil, while automating more of the process and integrations to reduce their own workloads and leave more time for improvements.
- The DevOps team has more autonomy than the software team as the toolchain is mainly used by them and thus backward compatibility and risk management is only relevant internally.
This is a great chance to join a mid-sized company and have a big impact as they are early in their DevOps Journey and will be evolving to Azure DevOps Services.
Opus Resourcing are a boutique IT employment Agency who are relied on by a number of world leading technology companies and brands to assist resource their contract and permanent positions.