The role will be Reading based and will require being in the office circa 2 days per week.
Key skills required for the Software Development Manager would include
- A track record in the delivery of complex large scale enterprise software systems and across a large business with strong knowledge of software development practices, processes, and tooling to support large scale enterprise solutions
- Experience of Contact Centre such as Genesys, IVR, Avaya, or Retail systems such as Oracle Retail / Xstore, POS, Payments / payment gateways, Verifone Vx680, IdAM, or retail and CRM systems integration such as Salesforce etc
- Experience as a Development Manager, Architect, Project Manager or Test Manager preferably in a large/established IT function
- Ideally from a large scale enterprise background such as telecoms, mobile telecoms, ISP, media / OTT, retail, ecommerce or finance etc
- Extensive experience working on cross functional, cross business systems and platforms
- Experience leading Agile development teams strongly preferred
- Experience of working with a range of infrastructure technologies, software delivery and programme delivery methodologies for example, but not limited to; Cloud (Microsoft Azure, AWS, Google), on-premise, SaaS, PaaS, Waterfall, Iterative, Scrum, DevOps etc.
- Being accountable for software development undertaken for consumer and enterprise customer contact centre and retail systems
- Collaborating with partners to produce clear development plans, demonstrating delivery of capability with a focus on quality and outcomes.
- In collaboration with the Development & Architecture Management Teams, define the strategy for the next 3 years, reviewing annually and/or in line with business need, our technology roadmap and evolution to Agile working practices
- Manage the effective and efficient use of IT development environments, ensuring they meet the requirements of the projects, programmes and delivery stakeholder community enabling quality application development.
- Managing technology partners teams to ensure IT environments are of quality and readily available on time for use
- Ensure consistency of environment build and configuration, and the environment build is suitable for development activities
- Drive effective work package management with partners, ensuring development standards
- Work with the Testing & QA Management Team, design working practices, processes and introduce automation to assure development quality and streamline handover for testing and route to live
This is an outstanding chance to flex your software delivery skills working on a technology transformation for a world leading and innovative telecoms company.
Opus Resourcing acts as an employment agency in respect of permanent employment.