This role will be working remotely from home, but the companies have offices based in London, Manchester and Bristol so proximity to these locations would be useful.
As a Java Tean Lead / Tech Lead you will have skills in the majority of
- Java 8 or above such as Java 11
- Microservices and ideally Spring Boot exp
- Coaching, mentoring, and appraisals / performance management.
- REST API
- ideally AWS experience
- Skills in TDD / CI / CD and working with Agile teams
- Any experience of Docker / Containers would be desirable
- Any DevOps experience would be desirable
- Strong communication skills to work in a distributed team
- Any experience of ecommerce / headless commerce or transactional web systems would be an advantage
As a Java Software Engineering Team Lead effective software delivery isn’t all about the code, you will also be
- Technically lead, coach, mentor and provide appraisals / team leadership
- Participating in workshops to help identify and refine user requirements
- Writing acceptance tests and understanding Behaviour Driven Development principles
- Developing responsive web applications and familiarity with the challenges involved
- Team development in integrated environments using managed source control systems such as Git
- Headless Commerce / Cloud Native systems
- Ecommerce platform / order management systems
- Greenfield and Brownfield projects
- Digital (Web)/ Big Data/ Platform projects
- Full Lifecyle development projects from discovery/ inception phase through to delivery
- Cutting edge technologies with cross functional teams
This role could be suitable for an established Team leader or a Senior Developer who has had some leadership / management experience. The role is expected to be around 70% hands on development and around 30% team leadership.
This is a chance to work within an innvovative, supportive and dynamic organisation.
Opus Resourcing are acting as an employment agency in regard to permanent work.