This is a great chance to join a company with strong ethical / green credentials who enabling energy companies to have a better understanding and control of large scale renewable energy resources such as wind / solar farms and to trading renewable energy.
The role is Cambridge based and will offer hybrid home / office work or can offer full time UK based remote work.
As a Java Software Engineer you will have skills in some of
- Proven Java Development for distributed systems or event driven systems or real-time streaming data, multi-threaded or complex Microservices systems etc
- Strong background in Agile software delivery CD / Continuous Delivery etc
- Experience of Microservices such as Spring Boot
- Skills in Kafka, RabbitMQ or Message Brokers
- MySQL or NoSQL experience
- Customer facing API’s such as RESTful, JSON for systems integration
- Data-driven with strong APIs and data integration expertise
- Containers such as Jenkins or Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience of Python / Data Science would be desirable
- Experience of React / Typescript would be desirable
- Hands on Java Development within a small cross functional product focussed Agile teams
- Working in an Agile environment with a strong focus on TDD and Continuous Delivery
- Solving difficult problems and building scalable and resilient systems
- Work alongside other (cross-platform) developers and designers in a dynamic and creative environment
- Have the opportunity to explore new technologies and work within a rewarding environment
This is an outstanding chance to flex your technical skills in a role working on cutting edge green energy platform within a growing and dynamic technology team on a product that can make a difference to a real-world problem / Net Zero.
The company is located accessible by car or train or bike and has a great working environment and regular company events in normal times.
Opus Resourcing are a boutique IT employment Agency who are relied on by a number of world leading technology companies and brands to assist resource their contract and permanent positions.