This role will be primarily home-based, working remotely, ideally from the US East Coast region, and will involve travel to customer sites occasionally. Large customers are mainly based on the East Coast in Boston / Massachusetts, New Jersey, as well as on the West Coast. Travel can be for short trips or occasionally around a week, depending on the project lifecycle, so it’s desirable that you live close to a major airport.
Essential skills required for the Implementation Consultant include the majority of
- A background in customer-centric SaaS Software or Enterprise Software implementation / and software configuration, or Enterprise Application Support, Enterprise Software Support or a Software Development background
- Sound proficiency in RDBMS fundamentals database schemas etc, writing SQL / SQL scripting, ideally with Oracle and PLSQL (although Oracle is not essential and another database such as MS SQL Server, SQLite, MySQL, or Postgres would be suitable)
- Customer centric person as you will work with customers both face to face and remotely through the implementation life cycle.
- Experience working with Business Analyst or system workflows to understand processes and turn these into configurations
- Good time estimation skills and prioritising tasks to work across multiple projects or task deadlines.
- Strong skills in MS Word/ MS Excel and the MS Office Suite.
- Attention to detail and quality as scientific systems are very precise
- A valid US Driving licence and a US Citizen / Green Card as the client does not have capacity to sponsor
- Implementation of SAAS / Cloud based software implementation
- Experience of Life Sciences / Pharma software / Laboratory / Lab systems / Lab Informatics such as LIMS, LIS, LMS, Lab Sample Management Lab Automation, Liquid Handling, Lab Robotic Automation, Lab Inventory data, Automated Stores, Rack Scanners or Electronic balances would be an advantage
- Experience of Windows Servers / Deploying onto Windows Servers or deploying to the Cloud / AWS would be beneficial
- Work closely with customers both face to face and predominantly remotely from home on technical configuration of SAAS / Software Implementation
- Work closely with the Business Analyst to understand the processes and document the configuration
- Write SQL and SQL scripting with Oracle to configure Oracle Databases for software configuration, customer data migration, and integrate with 3rd party lab software and lab automation equipment
- Seeing projects through the full release cycle including integration testing, performing Mosaic database and server installation, troubleshooting issues and providing technical support to clients during UAT and go-live period before handover to support
- Creating software builds and releases
- Using RemedyForce to provide support to customers
- Setting up software on Windows Server including IIS configuration and troubleshooting server side errors
- Deploying in cloud deployments (Amazon AWS)
- Estimating length and complexity of application consultant work for sales estimates and writing sales proposals
- Communicating with developers during development projects on product changes and solutions to issues
This is an outstanding chance to join an international software company whose software is used by the majority of the world’s top 20 Bio-Pharma companies and whose software integrates with Laboratory Sample Management / LIMS software for pharmaceutical and biotech laboratories with robotic automation systems (liquid handlers, automated stores, etc.). The role will offer the freedom to be based remotely but also requires the applicant to be flexible to travel to meet with customers and with customers across America.
Opus Resourcing acts as an employment agency in respect of permanent employment.