The tech stack includes Java, Spring Boot, AWS, Kafka, Kubernetes, Cassandra, Docker, Kubernetes, Big Data and the team are embracing Agile, CI / CD, DevOps and test automation etc.
The tech hub is Cambridge based and this role will offer hybrid working with a good degree of home working / sometime in the office typically one or two days per week. (Parking is available / connections from Cambridge station)
You will be an experienced Software Engineering manager or a Head of Software Engineering who has managed, led, and guided autonomous software engineering squads (Currently 12 Software Engineers with plans to grow). The current teams are building a platform of cloud based containerised microservices and are embracing rapid agile DevOps practices and continuous delivery within a fast paced start up environment, to win in the rapidly transforming renewable energy markets.
Key skills required as the Head of Software Engineering would include
- Strong hands-on leadership of software engineering teams, and T-shaped software engineers for product delivery leadership on complex digital systems.
- Experience developing people via goal setting, career plans and cultivating an environment of continuous improvement.
- Solid Java development / heritage with sound understanding of CI / CD Pipelines, and ideally AWS cloud services, and containers and orchestration ideally with Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of architectural design such as Domain Driven Design, SOA, microservices and event driven architectures.
- This role would suit someone from a complex distributed technology environment such as fintech, online betting, trading systems, betting or financial exchange systems, online travel, ecommerce, broadcast, travel comparison engines etc
- Lead and scale a small number of software engineering teams (currently 12 software engineers and growing) to meet business delivery commitments to build a world-class software platform for real-time renewable energy trading customers.
- Champion software engineering principles to assure a maintainable, scalable, secure and observable digital platform, whilst cultivating autonomous delivery squads.
- Embrace iterative agile approaches, DevOps principles, CI/CD, continuous improvement, and metrics to establish scalable delivery and performance of a global platform.
- Collaborate closely with product management, commercial and operations teams to help drive product delivery clarity, cohesion and commitment to a cohesive modular product, technical architecture and high performing organisation.
- Work closely with the technology leadership team; including s/w engineering, security, artificial intelligence / machine learning and platform services to define & deliver the technology strategy & roadmap.
This is an outstanding chance for someone who wants to join a fast paced and innovative technology scale-up with a great culture, and who’s complex distributed systems, will make a real world different in the fight against climate change.
You will be looking for a role which will offer significant influence on the technology strategy and delivery, remain close to the technology, and you will be working very closely with a dynamic leadership team such as the CTO, Head of Machine Learning and Head of Product Management to deliver this vision.
You might already work for a technology start up / scale up or work within a larger organisation and be looking to be a big fish in a smaller pond where you will have more influence.
Opus Resourcing are a boutique IT employment Agency who are relied on by a number of world leading technology companies and brands to assist resource their contract and permanent positions.