This is a new role responsible for credit granting, limit, and pricing policies for new and existing customers. As the first Credit Risk hire in the business, you will have the opportunity to develop this credit risk function from the ground up using data analytics and insights to develop credit strategies. This role might suit an existing Credit Risk Business Manager or Senior Business Manager – Credit Risk etc from a credit card company that wants to flex their skills in start up environment.
The role is New York / Manhattan-based – Hybrid – Salary Circa $150k-200k base + Equity + Bens
Key skills required for the Head of Credit Risk would include.
- Consumer credit experience such as credit card, BNPL, fintech required (NOT business credit experience)
- Startup or scale up fintech or BNPL or tech-enabled banks, inclusive customer credit tech businesses, virtual credit cards etc
- 7+ years of credit risk experience and a focus on consumer credit experience
- Strong skills in building credit policy, credit servicing, and loss forecasting
- Proven ability to manage a consumer credit portfolio
- Advanced with SQL and Python
- Deep understanding of statistics and machine learning modelling
- Demonstrated ability to drive impact through analysis of data
- Any experience of working in the LATAM markets would be an advantage / such as Mexico
Responsibilities as the Head of Credit risk would include:
- As the first-person in Credit Risk, you will have the opportunity to develop this function
- Monitoring, optimization, and overall performance of the credit portfolio.
- Work with the Data and Engineering teams to create underwriting models and risk management capabilities, with the Product team to develop new products,
- Advancing the credit underwriting approach, from approvals to limits to pricing
- Partnering with Data Science and Engineering teams on building risk and LTV / loan-to-value models
- Use advanced data analytics and critical thinking to derive insights and optimize credit strategies
- Own risk initiatives within new product formation and new market exploration
- Monitor portfolio as well as macroeconomic trends impacting loan performance, and make changes to underwriting and marketing
- Drive adjustments to the underwriting and marketing strategies to mitigate risk
This is an outstanding chance to join an ambitious startup who are building the equivalent of the modern-day credit card and work and flex your skills with leaders from top tech and financial companies such as Uber, BBVA, and Affirm who provide themselves on their velocity, intellectual rigour and efficiency.
Opus Resourcing act as a recruitment agency and helps a number of world-leading brands to source the best possible talent.