This is a new role and will be working within a company of around 1,200 people so this role is very hands on, and working within highly skills Lean teams, so we are looking for someone with strong skills in end to end delivery and who has worked with both Agile and Waterfall delivery methods ideally from the insurance, financial services, FCA regulated business or management consultancy with this domain experience.
Key skills required as the Head of Business Change would include the majority of
- Skilled change manager / change programme management, with strong Change Portfolio Impact Analysis and Planning to effectively establish shared objectives, aligning plans and people, dealing effectively with potentially contentious situations using appropriate balance between action and consensus.
- Hybrid background across Business change and technology change
- Proven skills in a structured approach to change definition, change planning and execution management.
- Ability to gather and digest unstructured inputs, extract relevant information, analyse effectively, and produce coherent and well-communicated approached, plans, status etc
- Proven track record of creating the conditions for successful embedding of change into the business for the purposes of realizing the benefits associated with the change portfolio.
- Understanding of Project Delivery lifecycle and evidence of end-to-end delivery, from Inception to BAU handover.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, comfortable and credible at senior level, including the ExCO. Active listener, with high levels of integrity & opennessAble to balance immediate risk and issue resolution with more strategic problem solving to align delivery to transformation priorities
- Comfortable with technology concepts and solutions.
- Experience in both Waterfall and Agile delivery methodologies
- Facilitation skills (e.g. meetings, workshops etc)
Responsibilities as the Head of Business Change would include
Change Portfolio Impact Analysis and Planning:
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of the change roadmap and the resulting change impact across the business and key individual stakeholders.
- Determine the level of change and adoption risk resulting from the aggregate change impacts for the business and/or individual stakeholders
- Provide input into the change portfolio, budgeting & forecasting, portfolio reporting, definition & prioritisation based on the business and individual impacts of delivery.
- Agree mitigating actions to address any business change and adoption risks from the change portfolio roadmap and ensure that they are completed effectively.
Business Partnering for Change and Adoption:
- Partner with Business Change, IT, programme/project managers and senior business stakeholders to support the design and delivery of business change and adoption initiatives
- Provide thought leadership and support for Business Change, IT, programme/project managers and senior business stakeholders to enhance their business change and readiness skillsets (for example through QA of key deliverables)
Support and Oversight of Change and Adoption Initiative Development
- Develop a detailed understanding of business change and readiness activities that are required for each change programme
- Oversee the development of business readiness and adoption initiatives and ensure that they are fit for purpose to deliver sustainable change
- Develop tools and templates to manage readiness at a project level and enable the roll-out of these across the strategic and BAU change portfolios
This is an outstanding chance to join a new team and work within an environment where you can have significant impact and deliver change quicker and with less red tape than in a massive corporate.
We are looking for someone highly motivated and who wants to work on challenging journey to redesign the Target operating model as well as embrace a digital transformation across the business.
Opus Resourcing are a boutique IT employment Agency who are relied on by a number of world leading technology companies and brands to assist resource their contract and permanent positions.