This opportunity to play a key role in a newly formed UK based team, and to join an international Golang R&D team to become a Golang focussed engineer.
The office is based in Reading Berkshire but there is flexibility around remote working for those who don’t live within range.
As a Golang Developer you will have skills in some of the following
- Proven skills in Go Programming / Golang language this will be the focus of the role
- Strong proficiency in at least one of the following languages ideally Python or (C or C++)
- Experience of GCP / Google Cloud Platform or AWS
- Experience of developing highly scalable web applications / distributed systems and Microservices
- Ideally with experience with some of Goroutines / Golang frameworks / GRPC, GORM etc
- Experience of distributed systems, multithreading / sockets / memory management
- Ideally knowledge of network programming such as Web Sockets, RPC, HTTP, HTTPS or network design
- Knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- Strong skills in code optimisation and automation
- Cloud Microservices
- Docker / Kubernetes
- Building and maintaining CI / CD pipelines
- Be responsible for the development of the core cloud platform & microservices
- Build great, highly distributed software, including code to increase manageability of the platform and automate anything and everything.
- Find the right balance between security/privacy, performance and usability.
- Instrument services with metrics to be used by the SRE team to establish SLOs, monitor, troubleshoot and resolve production grade issues
- Implement improvements identified through the post-mortem process
- Work with cutting edge technology in the cloud together with the SRE team to build and maintain CI/CD pipelines for build, deploy, code coverage. Ability to install, configure, update and troubleshoot cloud Microservices
- Collaborate with Engineering teams, influencing and contributing to product design. establishing requirements for manageability and operations, and ensuring it’s implemented
Opus Resourcing acts as an employment agency in respect of permanent employment.