The Full-Stack team lead will be technical leading and managing a team on the build of a new highly interactive SPA / SaaS product which is used to write / author, support multi-user live editing, provide dynamic text editing / dynamic templates, provide writing suggestions and feedback on all aspects of the quality of the submission of executive papers for leadership, with functionality like Google Docs, Notion. So, it’s important that you are used to breaking down complex problems and working with data structures / and backend systems.
This role will suit someone who is a tech lead or hands-on team leader, or Principal Developer, as this role is circa 70% hands-on, combined with team leadership. You will also need a product-driven mindset as you will work closely with the founder and product team through the build and evolution of their new product.
Currently, the team are working in a hybrid way and meets up one day per week at the City office close to London Bridge, Cannon Street and Bank in the heart of the City.
Skills required as a Front-End Team Lead would include
- Some experience in developing backend systems and an openness to learn more (Language flexible Java, Node.JS, Ruby etc.), and ideally leading back-end engineers.
- Experience in managing & mentoring a small team of engineers, with the ability to inspire, drive innovation and collaboration, and spot team challenges and opportunities early.
- Experience in building interactive SPA / Single Page Apps
- Experience working with complex data structures and data flows
- Experience designing solutions, including modelling code architecture.
- Experience collaborating with partners from across the business, developing a deep understanding of business and product challenges and breaking out solvable chunks.
- An engineering mindset with a strong focus on product
- A friendly and open personality. Someone passionate about contributing to the team’s success and empowers others to do the same.
- Experience with Prosemirror, collaborative editing tools, or dynamic templates would be an advantage.
As a hands-on Frontend Team lead, you’ll will be an individual contributor and a team leader. Working on interesting custom work in partnership with Product and Design, you’ll take on a varied set of product-centred challenges. Specifically, this role will involve:
- Hands-on coding, leading from the front in creating a high-quality code base, favouring readability and instinctively rejecting excessive conciseness or artistry.
- Technically lead and line manage team of 3 to 4 multi-skilled engineers, working on all aspects of the product and platform.
- Solving a range of exciting problems from supporting multi-user live editing to efficiently storing and presenting and clearly reviewing a structured document's history.
- Working with the Engineering Manager, coaching and guiding your team on the technical detail, as well as shaping how we work and ensuring best-in-class delivery standards.
- Supporting other developers in their task delivery and personal development and being a cultural ambassador in the team.
Opus Resourcing acts as an employment agency in respect of permanent employment.