Hybrid Role Salary $190-220k + Bens + Equity + Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Fitness, Mental Health + Home Office + Paid Lea
As an Engineering Manager in product engineering you will be lead on roadmap execution, provide technical leadership, people development, and recruit talent.
Primary technologies used include Go, Python, Linux, Kafka, AWS, Redis, Docker, Kubernetes, Cassandra, Terraform, Envoy
The Engineering manager skills would include
- Minimum 3+ years of experience mentoring and leading engineering teams
- Desirable skills would include skills in ML / AI and or leading teams of data engineers / data science engineers
- hands-on technical development experience in GO, Python, Java and distributed back end Systems
- Experience managing teams that build and operate high-volume distributed systems in a SaaS environment
- Experience running the day-to-day sprint process for an engineering team
- Experience designing and building systems in a microservices-based architecture
- A foundational understanding of multi-threaded programming, concurrency primitives, and data structures
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Directly manage engineers of all levels; provide feedback and guide promotions and leveling processes
- Scope and plan key deliverables by working with engineering managers and IC’s to ensure project planning of key initiatives.
- Coordinate within the organization alongside PM, marketing, and sales to ensure delivery of key initiatives. Influence product strategy alongside the PM team.
- Help to recruit, inspire, and develop a high performing and creative engineering team
- Be both a hands-on coder and an effective people leader
- Implement best practices in a fast-paced engineering environment
- Champion engineering excellence and culture, establish metrics for regular improvement
Opus Resourcing acts as a recruitment agency and helps a number of world-leading brands to source the best possible talent.