This company is physically based in Cambridge so it might suite someone who is located within range of Cambridge to work on a Hybrid base, or equally someone to work remotely and visit the office once a month.
As a DevOps Team lead you will have skills in some of
- Experience of managing or team leading and developing a highly skilled small group of T-shaped platform engineers / DevOps Engineers to shape a high performing platform engineering team
- Hands on skills in the latest DevOps tools and practices, particularly with Kubernetes, Containers / Docker, Infrastructure as code – Terraform ideally, or Ansible
- Cloud platform knowledge with AWS with some of VPC, Route53, S3, IAM
- Experience of distributed systems / Kafka
- Experience of Git, Terraform, Kubernetes and any cloud platform
- Linux skills
- Experience with database technologies such as MySQL, MongoDB or Postgres is desirable along with a healthy exposure to shell scripting and coding in Golang.
- Experience with AWS Transit Gateway, CloudFront and API Gateway
- Experience with service Mesh (Istio)
- Experience using DORA metrics to facilitate continuous improvement
- Understand the RED method and the four golden signals for monitoring microservices.
- Deeper knowledge of Kubernetes internals
- Knowledge of Kubernetes custom resources and operator model
- You’re team-oriented, keen to share your knowledge, and open to giving (and receiving) continuous feedback.
- You believe in the ethos of 'you build it, you own it’ to see through features from inception to delivery.
- Experience of working in environments where uncertainty and complex problems are solved positively, rapidly, and collaboratively
The responsibilities of the DevOps Team Lead include helping build out the underlying abstractions of Kubernetes clusters, service mesh, observability, AWS organisation and networking management, and these abstractions provide self-service frameworks for use by autonomous squads of T-shaped software engineers rooted in a DevOps culture of automated continuous delivery pipelines and ‘you build it, you run it’.
Your DevOps / Platform Engineering team will support the entire engineering team, championing best practices and aiding delivery of a highly available, highly performing platform.
This is an excellent chance to work for an ethical clean tech business at the forefront of the energy transformation, and further your career within a fast growing scale up business by driving forward their platform engineering capabilities, but also remains hands on working on the latest DevOps / Platform engineering tools.
Opus Resourcing are a boutique IT employment Agency who are relied on by a number of world leading technology companies and brands to assist resource their contract and permanent positions.