This role would be well suited to a Microsoft Centric DevOps Engineer or Software engineer who has skills in DevOps and wants to further their career in Windows / Microsoft centric DevOps team working on a highly complex product .
The DevOps Engineer role will offer hybrid working with a mix of remote and 2 days per week based in the London office.
The key skills as a DevOps Engineer would include some of
- MS Windows / Visual Studio
- PowerShell scripting / automation
- Experience of TeamCity / MSBuild or TFS and Build automation
- CI / CD Pipelines, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery
- Building monitoring systems
- Experience of creating AWS images would be desirable
Key responsibilities for the DevOps engineer would include
- Working as part of a small skilled DevOps team responsible for customer builds requested. You would also be responsible for the main product range’s major and minor releases in terms of builds required for testing and all release artifacts (i.e. AWS images).
- Streamlining the build infrastructure used by the dev teams. This would often include creating improvements to the nightly and CI infrastructure, automated error handling and reporting, etc.
- To work closely with the IT infrastructure team to learn and help automate their tasks and introduce efficient monitoring and management tools. The companies IT infrastructure is being moved to the cloud, which will be aided by the DevOps team.
- The DevOps team works with a Scrum-like approach such as backlog and bi-weekly meetings, but works with a Kanban-style daily operation due to the operations-side of their role. This is freely chosen by the DevOps team to fit their style and work items.
This is a chance to join a fast-growing company who are at an early stage in their DevOps journey so it’s a chance to have some influence and grow within the role. The environment is complex and the product is used by a lot of the top 20 pharma companies in the world.
Opus Resourcing acts as an employment agency in respect of permanent employment.