The DevOps Engineer role will be working remotely with occasional travel.
As a DevOps Engineer you will have sound experience and awareness across most of the following areas:
- Being a DevOps Engineer within a cross functional Agile team so working closely with developers to build and automate deployments (essential)
- AWS (Essential)
- Scripting skills ideally Python
- Container Tech (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, ECS, AKS, EKS) – Essential
- Infrastructure as Code using tools such as Terraform – Essential
- Building and automating deployment pipelines using CI/CD tools. (e.g. Jenkins, GitLab)
- Build systems (Gradle, Maven, Npm) along with understanding of what is required to build, test and deploy such tech as Nodejs, React and SpringBoot
- OS Tuning and Management - Linux/Unix/BSD and Windows
- Infrastructure - Virtualized, Containerised, Serverless
- Configuration management (e.g. Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Terraform)
- Agile and Lean methodologies.
- Networking principles and practices (e.g. Security, Subnets, VLANS, Firewalls, TCP/IP)
- Monitoring, metrics, and logging (e.g. ELK, Prometheus, DataDog)
- Web Technologies - (e.g. Nginx, IIS)
- Databases - (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL/MariaDB, Mongo, Hadoop, Elasticsearch, Redis)
- Experience of Java Microservices or Government / GDS / Government Digital projects
- Experience in designing the infrastructure
- Private Cloud (e.g. Cloudstack, OpenStack, CloudFoundry)
- Hybrid Cloud
- Experience of mentoring, coaching and supporting less experienced colleagues and clients.
- Depending on seniority team leadership may form part of your role
- Vulnerability/threat assessment and mitigation