The DevOps Engineer role will working remotely with occasional travel or you could be based close to one of the companies hubs in London, Manchester or Bristol
As a DevOps Engineer you will have sound experience and awareness across some of the following areas:
- Experience being the DevOps Engineer for a cross functional Agile team so working closely with developers to build and automate deployments
- Strong communication skills to work across team and advise and liaise with clients
- Building and automating deployment pipelines using CI/CD tools. (e.g. Jenkins, GitLab, Azure DevOps, Teamcity)
- Build systems (Gradle, Maven, Npm) along with understanding of what is required to build, test and deploy such tech as Nodejs, React and SpringBoot
- Infrastructure as Code using tools such as Terraform, Cloudformation, Pulumi
- Experience in delivering DevOps Infrastructure As Code
- Cloud Providers such as AWS, Azure, GCP
- Container Tech (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, ECS, Openshift, AKS, EKS)
- OS Tuning and Management - Linux/Unix/BSD and Windows
- Infrastructure - Virtualized, Containerised, Serverless
- Configuration management (e.g. Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Terraform)
- Agile and Lean methodologies.
- Networking principles and practices (e.g. Security, Subnets, VLANS, Firewalls, TCP/IP)
- Monitoring, metrics, and logging (e.g. ELK, Prometheus, DataDog)
- Web Technologies - (e.g. Nginx, IIS)
- Databases - (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL/MariaDB, Mongo, Hadoop, Elasticsearch, Redis)
- Scripting skills (e.g. Bash, Python, Powershell)
- Experience of eCommerce, Java Microservices or Government / GDS / Government Digital projects
- Experience in designing the infrastructure
- Private Cloud (e.g. Cloudstack, OpenStack, CloudFoundry)
- Hybrid Cloud
- Experience of mentoring, coaching and supporting less experienced colleagues and clients.
- Depending on seniority team leadership may form part of your role
- Vulnerability/threat assessment and mitigation
DevOps roles are available in the team at Mid to Senior level.
If you looking for a role were you can flex your technical and communication skills please do get in touch to discuss.