The role is based in Reading, Berkshire and is hybrid, with 2/3 days per week in the office.
The core technologies with this role will be working with Go / Golang, GCP, IAAS, and containers and initially involve moving complex, highly available on-premises services to the Google Cloud Platform and DevOps engineering. So, flexing your Go / GCP skills or cross-training into these technologies is a great chance.
This role could suit an existing DevOps or Platform Engineer with a coding mindset or a Software Engineer with a build-it and own-it mentality who has supported live systems.
The key skills for the DevOps Engineer would include.
- DevOps / Platform Engineer or Software Engineering background
- A software engineering background with solid coding skills in Go / Golang or Python (with a desire to learn Go)
- Skills in CI / CD and working within an Agile environment.
- Infrastructure management via code / Orchestration / IaaS such as (Terraform, Ansible, Puppet)
- Experience working with cloud platforms (GCP / Google Cloud Platform, AWS)
- Great written and spoken English, including the ability to learn about and discuss complex architectures with other developers
- Containerisation (Docker, Kubernetes etc) and or microservices
- A Computer Science or Scientific Degree would be desirable/.
The team focused on building, running, reliability, and availability of a critical and secure video communication platform for businesses and governments worldwide. The on-call will be split between the team.
Opus Resourcing acts as an employment agency for permanent employment.