This role will be working predominantly remotely and may involve occasional travel to meet clients, so the location for this role is flexible although would be useful if you in range of London, Manchester or Bristol.
As a Data Architect you will have following skills and experience combined with the majority of
- Proven experience of Data architecture large scale modern data platforms for Big Data, Data science etc
- Knowledge of Data Architecture Best Practices and Data processing capabilities in Azure; AWS and GCP
- Experience with varied types of data: tabular, connected, time-series, geospatial, image, etc
- Different types of database – relational; document; graph; columnar; key-value
- Knowledge of data integration technologies
- Proven experience of delivering complex data architecture projects through the lifecycle on numerous occasions to see how design decisions play out in production.
- Data visualisation frameworks
- Data analysis and data modelling requirements
- Strong written, diagrammatic and spoken communication; ability to present to senior stakeholders
- Business intelligence / analytics products or frameworks
- Experience working with cloud platforms and working with relevant PaaS / SaaS offerings
- Knowledge of distributed computing & information security
- Programming experience in languages such as Java or Python is a bonus
- While you may not have an exclusively agile background, you strive to work to these principles.
Key responsibilities as a Data Architect will include
- Being the Data Architect responsible for visualising designing, creating, deploying, and managing an organisation's data architecture.
- Defining how the data will be stored, consumed, integrated, and managed by different data entities and IT systems, as well as any applications using or processing that data in some way.
- Being closely allied with business architecture and solving business problems by aligning data systems and outcomes with business objectives and key results (OKR).
Opus Resourcing are a boutique IT employment Agency who are relied on by a number of world leading technology companies and brands to assist resource their contract and permanent positions.