This role will be remotely based from home, ideally with access to Copenhagen and an airport.
Key skills required as the Regional Business Development Manager would include
- At least three years of SaaS of Scientific Software sales / new business development experience, including account management
- Proven success and knowledge of the sales process for SaaS Software/capital equipment to pharma, life sciences, biotechs, research institutions etc.
- Experience of selling software in the scientific / biotech/pharma / life sciences sector in an area such as Sample Management, LIMS, Informatics, Lab Automation, Electronic Lab Notebooks, Liquid handlers, biobanking, biorepositories
- Possess drive, motivation, and acute attention to detail in ensuring all sales opportunities are captured and explored.
- Confident negotiator able to ‘close deals’ at all levels within the client’s organisation.
- Proven ability and track record of achieving sales quotas, CRM experience.
- Strong communication skills (written, oral, email, telephone, and presentation).
- A positive and determined approach to researching and analysing new business opportunities.
- Fluent in English
- Work with the Head of Sales (EMEA) to develop an EMEA business plan to ensure repeatable and continued business development growth.
- Achieve and exceed sales quota for dedicated Northern Europe region.
- Ability to travel within the region
- Generate new opportunities and build and develop a robust and well-qualified pipeline.
- Manage the overall sales process and provide feedback to improve and develop effective sales tools.
- Manage and maintain a sales pipeline and ensure all sales administration is up to date.
- Create timely customer proposals, quotations and respond to RFIs and RFPs.
- Maintain a robust working knowledge of the software products and professional service offerings and capabilities.
- Provide a consultative approach to selling software products and services.
- Attend, support and facilitate conferences, exhibitions, and customer events.
- Deliver customer presentations.
- Work with technical staff on demo deliveries.
- Be the primary commercial account contact, responsible for account customer satisfaction.
- Understand customer requirements and goals and communicate these effectively to others
- Knowledge of one or more other European languages such as Danish, Swedish or Dutch or German would be an advantage.
- Salesforce CRM experience.
This is an outstanding chance to join a respected and fast-growing Scientific Software / Saas Software company whose products are used by most of the world’s largest Pharma companies.
Opus Resourcing acts as an employment agency in respect of permanent employment.