Role will be based remotely from your US base home office, but will require travel to meet customer up to max of 30% of the time within the US. Customers in the US are mainly based in Massachusetts/ MA and the San Francisco Bay area.
You will need to be eligible to work in the US as the client can’t provide sponsorship, and have a valid driving license.
Key skills required for the role of Business Application Consultant would include
- Degree educated in a scientific or technical discipline
- Relevant life science / pharmaceutical industry experience; preferably in Drug Discovery or Clinical research, you might well be a scientist looking for a change of direction
- Strong familiarity with sample management operations and systems such as liquid handlers, barcode printers, automated stores
- Management of software implementation projects in the life sciences or Pharma industry
- A technical background in Lab automation, LIMS / software, research informatics, engineering or other relevant area
- Strong, excellent, proven customer relationship skills
- Proficient with Windows of MS Office (including MS Project
- Good time estimation, task switching and prioritisation skills; ability to plan personal work load to meet varying multiple project or task deadlines
- Excellent internal and external verbal and written communication skills
- Show initiative and innovation; be solution-focused
- Ability to work well in remote, non-supervised customer locations
- Work with customers to analyse their sample management processes; understand and interpret requirements; elaborate new requirements; document the recommended Mosaic software configuration, proposing the best fit; and plan the implementation of that configuration
- Manage small and large software implementation projects, following project management best practice
- Gain a good knowledge of the functionality and detailed workings of the software product suite
- Not just understand and document but also elaborate and interpret, propose the best fit against solution but also suggest where we need to elaborate new requirements
- Be the primary customer contact during the analysis, installation, and acceptance testing of a project
- Work closely with the technical team assigned to the project during the configuration, deployment and UAT phases
- Work closely with the Support group during the installation, deployment, and warranty phases to ensure smooth transition from project to production
- Oversee on-site installations and upgrades, carry out integration testing, and the troubleshooting of Mosaic with hardware such as (liquid handlers, barcode printers, automated stores, etc.)
- Develop, organise and deliver customer training
- Provide guidance to customer on the migration of existing data into Mosaic
This is an outstanding chance to join a respected and fast growing company with a great culture, and will be well suited to people within the scientific world who want a new career challenge in 2022.
Opus Resourcing acts as an employment agency in respect of permanent employment.