As a Business Analyst, you will have skills in the majority of
- Good understanding of the software development lifecycle / SDLC, and familiarity with Agile delivery / Agile ceremonies
- Analyse business requirements and translate them into artefacts such as; user stories, wireframes, data flows, process maps, business requirements documents, presentations, and options papers.
- Experience in requirements capture/workshops and managing senior-level stakeholders
- Business Analysis experience in Insurance or ideally financial services, actuarial systems, or FCA-approved business such as actuarial or asset management etc
- Experience with the full project life cycle, from initiation into business as usual.
- Excellent knowledge of Excel, Powerpoint, LucidChart and Visio or other process mapping software
- Experience in conducting/facilitating acceptance tests for solutions with the user community, including the development of UAT test scenario and test scripts.
- Experience in working with external parties and suppliers.
- Experience with Azure DevOps for user story creation, sprint planning is desirable
- Gherkin syntax.
- Ideally knowledge of the Insurance Sector, both in terms of business processes and systems such as risk management, claims management, Front & Back office etc
- Lloyds Market Insurance experience of the essentials Exams would be desirable.
- BCS Business Analysis Certification and/or Business Analysis Diploma
- To take ownership of artefacts/user stories with the agile delivery team
- Conduct and lead workshops with the business to elicit and document business requirements and priorities.
- Analyse business requirements and translate them into high-quality artefacts such as; user stories, wireframes, data flows, process maps, business requirements documents, presentations, and options papers.
- Use design thinking, or similar approaches to:-
o Define needs, designs, problems and insights.
o Ideate by challenging common assumptions and Prototypes to test and validate solutions
- Analyse and document “as is” business processes, identify processes to be changed and model the optimized “to be” future stated business processes.
- Complete data analysis when required (e.g. impact analysis, data quality analysis, data migration, data reconciliation).
- Develop, deliver and evaluate process and technology training and supplemental materials
- Communicate progress, issues and risks to stakeholders.
- Prepare and deliver presentations.
- Report and communicate fluently on all aspects of work and communicate effectively with all levels of management and in public forums.
- Provide business with effective support and advice in relation to technology.
- Develop close business/stakeholder working relationships.
- Liaison between the business, IT department and external parties.