This role will be based working from home and in the London Office (close to London Bridge) 2 days per week once restrictions are lifted.
Key skills required for the Software Application Engineer include
- A background in customer centric Enterprise Application Software support or software configuration, or a Software Development background who would like to move into support
- Sound proficiency in RDBMS, writing SQL / SQL scripting ideally with Oracle and PL/SQL as this is database / language used or MS SQL Server would work
- Sound experience of the Windows operating system
- Ability to read and understand C# & .NET would be advantageous but not essential
- Previous experience with AWS Cloud would be an advantageous as this is used for their SAAS based product
- Customer centric person as you will be dealing with customer to solve technical issues
- Good skills in time estimation, and prioritising tasks to work across multiple projects or tasks deadlines.
- Attention to detail and quality as scientific systems are very precise and complex
- Any experience of Life Sciences / Pharma software / Laboratory / Lab systems / Lab Informatics such LIMS, LIS, LMS, Lab Sample Management, Lab Automation, Liquid Handling, Lab Robotic Automation, Lab Inventory data, Automated Stores, Rack Scanners or Electronic balances would be an advantage
- Experience of Windows Servers / Deploying onto Windows Servers or deploying to the Cloud / AWS would be beneficial
- Provide application support for customers between UK times 8am to 5pm
- Travelling to customers to resolve issues / providing training less than 5%
- Work towards the timely (within agreed SLA) resolution of support issues arising for software systems installed at customer sites
- Investigate customer-reported issues via remote access to customer systems
- Gather sufficient, suitable evidence to allow further diagnosis by others such as developers
- Perform data fixes or configuration changes to resolve issues or work around problems
- Keep detailed records of support issues and change request systems
- Test and apply fixes such as remedial scripts/patches and/or co-ordinate the application of patches through appropriate customer representatives
- Maintain an active and excellent working relationship with customers
- Develop a strong functional knowledge of the product, and gain detailed understanding of the inner workings of the product suite
- Work closely with the Software Development team to highlight problems and raise change requests (CRs) that will eliminate/alleviate appropriate customer support issues
- Participate in regular support meetings with customers
- Undertake occasional travel (< 5%) to customer sites for the provision of on-site support or training
- Take responsibility for the maintenance of internal Test systems which mimic customer installations
- Participate in process improvement activities within the support team, and other work such as documentation
This is an outstanding chance to join an international software company who’s software us used by the majority of the world’s top 20 Bio-Pharma companies and who software integrates with Laboratory Sample Management / LIMS software for pharmaceutical and biotech laboratories with robotic automation systems (liquid handlers, automated stores, etc.).
Opus Resourcing acts as an employment agency in respect of permanent employment.