The Senior Application Support role is a remote role supporting a large enterprise / SAAS software product that is used the majority of the world’s top 20 pharma / life science company to aid rapid drug / vaccine discovery and is used by scientists in the field of sample management.
This role will be based remotely from your US base home office, but will require travel to meet customer up to max of 10% of the time within the US, and typically for a short duration. The Majority of Customers in the US are mainly based on the East Coast around Massachusetts/ MA / New Jersey and the other largest concentration of customer is on the West Coast in the San Francisco Bay area.
The profile of this person is likely to be a RDBMS / Oracle Support Engineer or RDBMS or Oracle Developer with technical support / Application Support experience supporting complex enterprise systems.
Key skills required for the role of Senior Technical Support Engineer -Oracle would include
- Sound experience of customer facing enterprise / SAAS software application support
- Excellent SQL skills, creating views, functions/procedures. Understanding of database performance problems, and ability to understand/debug PL/SQL
- Ability to read and understand C# and .NET would be advantageous.
- Proficient with Windows (desktop/server).
- Ability to diagnose and address software application issues.
- Complex problem solving.
- It would be desirable to understand scientific LIMS or lab systems such as sample management operations/systems or other relevant life science / bio-pharmaceutical industry experience.
- Experience of using Titian Mosaic software
Key responsibilities as a Senior Technical Support Engineer -Oracle would include
- As part of a team supporting both the Eastern / EST and Western time Zones in the US
- The ability to work well individually without the need for close supervision.
- Good internal and external verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Strong, excellent, proven customer relationship skills.
- A methodical work approach and strong prioritization skills.
- An excellent work ethic.
- Other requirements
You will need to be eligible to work in the US as the client can’t provide sponsorship, and have a valid driving license.
This is an outstanding chance to join a respected and fast growing company with a great culture, and will be well suited to people within the scientific world who want a new career challenge in 2022.
Opus Resourcing acts as an employment agency in respect of permanent employment.